8.07.2006

Easy Femininity

Well, the horrible heat wave is finally over with in New England, so we can actually wear clothing again. It's a good feeling. I don't like be so uncomfortable that even my lightest clothes stick to my body and make me feel like killing something.
Anyhow. That's what inspired this outfit. It's very light, maybe not light enough for 112˚, but light enough for those "normal" hot and humid summer days.
I was shopping around, as I do on a weekly basis can found a few really cool sites with cute things. The first thing I found in this outfit was the button up top by Charlotte Keating, from there, the rest was easy.



This cute, buttery yellow top is by a UK designer, Charlotte Keating. I like the fact that it's not some cheap thin muslin like a lot of button ups these days. It's a feminine silk chiffon that's going to feel lovely against your sunkissed skin. The top is just a versatile as a t-shirt, but thankfully, not nearly as boring and unflattering as that can be. The top is tailored, airy, and easy to wear, it also comes in a few other colors. The price is £93.00 or $177, available at charlottekeating.com

What a pretty skirt, huh? It has that Anthropologie style without the Anthro price that sometimes makes me feel like gagging. I mean, I know things are usually worth it, but why bother shopping t here for a cotton skirt when you can get one at Boutique Ooh La La for half the price and have the beautiful thing made to order by the designers!? I like that a lot.
This skirt can be dressed up or down, be worn with a beater or a preppy twin set, and look adorable. I love the print and the cut. Only $80 at boutiqueoohlala.com.

I have never really been a fan of fabric bags. While I realize many are incredibly well made, I can't really get past the fact that I made some in high school. Maybe they just aren't my style- I'm a leather kind of girl, and I like edgier designs. That's not easy to come by with bags made of fabric.
There are exceptions, of course, there always are- one of those exceptions are the bags created by Nicole Giordano. Not only are the bags handcrafted, but so are the fabrics she uses. Very unique.
This shoulder bag is another incredibly versatile piece in this outfit. The color alone would go with anything. The easy shape will work with anything. The beads on the strap make it fun. Prices at Nicole Giordano range from $55 to $62.

Jewelry is an important factor in an outfit. I think most of us feel a bit naked without it on. When it's hot out, it's not so easy to wear chunky necklaces (which is totally doable with this look), so I'm opting for a bracelet and earrings for this girly get-up.
Designer Rebecca Bourke creates many intricate pieces of jewelry, as well as simple pieces, such as these. Chrysophrase is awesome- I love the shade of green, it is different from any other green you'll ever see. The earrings are a mix of Chrysophrase, so it's jewelry that works like a set without be too matchy. The bracelet is $65 and the earrings are $50, both available at rebeccabourke.com

Shoes! One of my favorite things ever. These flats from Elizabeth Brady are feminine, bold, and a touch funky. They would make any ensemble stand out. As if the outfit wasn't eye-catching enough already, right?
The vibrant fuchsia is a fabulous contrast to the subtle blues and greens in this look, as well as that buttery yellow top. And, we all love fuchsia with brown, don't we? It's such a rich look.
The cut-outs will keep your feet cool.
Available at elizabethbradyshoes.com for $375.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the skirt - beautiful outfit - a perfect transition into Fall!