8.25.2006

Product Review: Marzipan, Inc. greeting cards

I was pleasantly surprised when I opened up my package from Marzipan, Inc. owner of shadesofviolet.com. There wasn't any fancy packaging, I just saw cards & a box of stationery in a stack tied in pretty purple ribbon. On top of the stack of paper delight was a little round box filled with beautiful gift tags. I untied the ribbon and read a note from the designer herself, Lori, that was on the most gorgeous, opalescent paper I have ever seen. It shimmered like fine glitter.



Georgia Gift Tags: set of 8, $8 at shadesofviolet.com. These tags are substantial and beautifully made.

In the stack were a variety of cards that would appeal to almost anyone. If you like dainty designs with a refreshing twist, I think Shades of Violet is a sure thing for you.


Cards by Shades of Violet, all $5 each.

The box of stationery is beautiful, too. The paper isn't flimsy which is seriously important to me.




I really appreciated the fact that the stationery set came in a plastic box that can actually hold up to be opened and closed quite a few times before cracking. You think paper cuts are bad? Get a plastic box cut and find out what's worse. Not to worry, here, though because this box isn't going to fall apart and even the paper edges are smooth.


Bailey Stationery available at shadesofviolet.com for $12.50. You get 6 notes with matching envelopes.

Writing on this stationery will be a treat. It's well made and beautifully designed. One of the things that really stood out to me is that you can't find a trace of glue anywhere- and usually with glitter, you can see that glue. A true sign of attention to detail and caring about presentation.
Going through just the stationery section of Shades of Violet makes me want more. All of the sets are vibrant and beautiful.

Now I'm going to talk about the greeting cards. They rock. The simplicity of the design is nice, they aren't overly look at me, look at me, but they have a unique flair that makes them really stand out among other cards I've seen and purchased, myself. You can just feel the love that goes into making these and I admire that.

Three cards really stood out to me among the samples that were sent. Below are close-ups!


This is the Jordan card. It's undeniable girly girlness (yes, I know that's not a word) is really fun and super cute. $5 at shadesofviolet.com.


Oh. This is perfect. I get so sick of those typical, boring, congratulations on your new baby/pregnancy cards. Most are too mushy. This one is fun. A Bun in the Oven, known as Josie on shadesofviolet.com is $5.


Last, but not least, we have the Virgo card, which is part of the Constellations series at Shades of Violet. It's truly a perfect for anyone card... well, anyone that's a Virgo. The design is simple and to the point, and once again I can't see any glue. These cards are worth every penny. Just five bucks.

I feel like what you send out really reflects your personality, in a sense, and if you're sending out flimsy, cheap cards and stationery that is not going to come across like you care. Shadesofviolet.com knows that the paper goods you use are just as important as the tone in your voice- know what I mean? You may mean something one way, but if you say it the wrong way, that is not going to go over well. Trust me, I know this first hand. ;)

Shopping here for your stationery and every day cards is going to show that you really care- not just about what you say, but how you say it.

No comments: