8.23.2006

Unique Twist

I just wanted a super cute, unique outfit that was appropriate for a slew of things and I came up with this idea. In this ensemble, I ending up using one more well known boutique, but all others are small.



Let's start with the adorable top which happens to be from Anthropologie, one of the coolest chain stores in the states, if you ask me. There's always a variety of clothing, that is modern and different or orphanage chic (or at least that's what they thing). I like most of what they carry, and this is one of the things I like. The vintage style top is modernized with an adjustable waist and a nice, tailored fit. And, navy is fabulous. The blouse is 100% silk (yes!) and $178 at anthropologie.com.

Denim is fail safe. Thinking about it, I really don't know anything like it. It is comfortable and wears well, and there are tons of cuts that will suit just about anyone. I am pretty sure I've never seen anyone look bad in jeans- well, I've seen ill fitting jeans, but that's not their fault... right? Let's just stop there before I ramble on and on and confuse everyone.
These jeans by AngelRox kick my and your ass. They are hot. I appreciate the bootcut and the super unique pockets embroidered with angel wings. What really stands out about these is the waist band- it's actually clothing and can be ruched to create a sash look or pulled up to act as an extra layer if you're cold. Pretty cool. An affordable $168 at the always cool unsungdesigners.com.

Shoes are necessary and heels aren't always the best option. Sparkle is fantastic and these pretty ballerina flats by Pretty Ballerinas are the perfect option for someone who wants fun, flirty femininity without the discomfort we sometimes suffer from high heels.
The Brigitte flat comes in a million colors and a few different glitters, so you can definitely find what you're looking for if you want to add some sparkle to your step. 99 euros or $127 at prettyballerinas.com

I felt that a bold piece of jewelry paired with the soft curls in the silk top would be a fantastic contrast. This sterling silver choker by Kate McKinnon is hand hammered perfection. I love the large circles marked by the hammer and beautifully patinaed. Each is made to order, as well, so you'll get a completely unique piece just for you. $400 at katemckinnon.com.

A leather clutch is always a fabulous addition to any outfit. The Karma Chameleon clutch by Stylesse is beautiful. The metallic pink and green compliment each other beautifully while almost melting into each other. The gold studs add a slight kick of edginess. Buy it at stylesse.com for $100, marked down from $160!

1 comment:

Funky Finds said...

terrific ensemble! i adore those shoes.